This year I will be taking you on a tour of some remodeling/updates my husband and I have been doing around the house and it’s still is ongoing process. We had to address our exterior chimney last summer which led us to replace our natural fireplace with a direct vent gas fireplace. I love it! By changing the unit to gas we no longer needed a hearth on the floor and this allowed us to maximize our space in the living room even more – no more hearth!
- Fireplace completed by Burlington Fireplace & Heating / Solar Energy. Their crew did amazing job taking our selections and vision for our gas fireplace, face and mantel. Fun fact the mantel is concrete stained ebony. The concrete allows you to have the mantel closer to the direct vent unit vs wood mantel.
- Laminate wood floors from Carpetland USA Flooring Center – West Allis – ask for Tom Rickun. He’s great! My husband is very handy so he decided to install the floors. He’s amazing!
- I wanted a dark floor and selected Shaw Odyssey 8″ Wide – Dark Umber. I love the laminate floors because they are great with kids and pets.
- End Table and Console Table: Wood tops were made by amazing talented husband and I ordered the legs on Amazon. I had a vision of no longer allowing the kiddos to eat or snack in the living room. This way they can sit at on console table eat and watch tv. Win Win situation for mom and the kiddos! I ordered the stools on Amazon. By the way my husband has learned that he loves doing woodworking – which is perfect because I have more projects for him!
- Our furniture now clashed with the flooring and the fireplace – so I ordered a pop of color navy blue slip covers from Amazon. It’s a great way to save on furniture. The furniture was in good condition but the color no longer suited our living room! By the way can I say slip covers have come a long way. I added cream blankets and pillows to tie the gray leather chairs to the pop of navy blue slip covers.
Are you looking to transform a room in your house this year? I would love to hear more please share in the comments!