Our tips for moving during a pandemic!
- Keep a bin of just the essentials. Think about what you’re going to need the first couple of nights so you don’t have to dig into the moving boxes right away.
- Label all of your moving boxes with the room AND what is inside. For example, if the box says “Kitchen” – add “mixing bowls, glassware, pots and pans, etc”.
- Move the boxes to the garage instead of directly inside the house. Unload and unpack them room by room instead of dumping everything in the house.
- Move all linens yourself. Put them in duffle bags or vacuum seal bags. If you have people helping, they won’t be grabbing actual pillows or blankets but just the outside.
- Pack a cooler of food that you can bring to the house on moving day. That way you’ll have your essentials without having to go to the store during your move.
- If you’re hiring movers, cover all upholstered furniture and rugs yourself.